The Day Respite Program provides meaningful and stimulating
day options for young adults with a moderate disability.
It also provides a break for them and their families.
The program is open to people over 18 who reside with their parents /
"It's rewarding. I like the woodwork"
with others is fun."
The Day Respite Program
- A friendly and safe atmosphere
- Experienced and skilled staff
- Opportunities for individuals to be involved in the local community
- Opportunities for the individual to stay living at home while reducing immediate and long term dependency on family/carers
The Day Respite Program provides structured group activities designed to maximise the individuals:
- Social interaction
- Self esteem
- Maintenance of self care
The Day Respite Program is based on a range of activities including:
- Computer based social activities – Internet, games, etc
- Drama, story telling, games and role-playing
- Personal grooming
- Relaxation and meditation
- Social lunches
- Local community access – shopping, lunching, library and transport
- Peer interaction
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am – 3:00pm