The HANDS Up Program
The HANDS Up Program assists individuals with a disability to develop
and enhance their living skills leading towards a more independent lifestyle
The HANDS Up Program provides a variety of options:
- Cooking – reading a recipe, weighing, counting, shopping, cooking a meal, eating with
- Computer – writing letters, developing articles for newsletter, spelling, grammar,
reading, maths, geography, computer skills, accessing the Internet, etc
- Drama - speaking out, following directions, team playing, an increased understanding of
self and the opportunity to perform.
- Blue Roo Theatre Company Inc. – opportunity to perform on stage.
- Personal Development & Practical Literacy - reading, discussions, role plays, guest speakers,
listening, group work, excursions, etc
- Music – enjoyment of music, joining a choir, reading lyrics and performing.
Through participation in programs it is expected that individuals will develop skills that
assist them to become more independent.
- Self Esteem
- Personal Development
- Money Handling
- Cooking & Meal Preparation
- Nutrition & Health
- Household Safety
- Social Interaction
- Community Access