The aim of the Leisure Access Program is to support
and encourage you to make the most of your leisure time.
You can join a small friendship group or undertake individual activities.
"I just love getting out with my friends."
Options available for people are:
- Friendship groups
- Learning to use public transport
- Living skills
- Community orientation
- Join a club or group
- Day Trips
The Leisure Access Program assists individuals to:
- Meet new people and make friends
- Do things with others with common interests or a small group of friends
- Develop skills and become independent in their leisure activities
- Be part of community activities
- Try different leisure activities to assist them to make choices
AND ALSO ASSISTS
- Community groups/clubs and facilities to include individuals with a disability
The Leisure Access Program provides a variety of options:
- Individual Activities - for those who wish to do something on their own ie, go to the gym, pottery class etc.
- Friendship Groups – a variety of small groups linking people with common interests & choices.
Enhances opportunities for developing & maintaining friendships.
- Big Day Out Trips - offers a range of activities advertised through the newsletter for people to come & try including
beach trips, festivals, theatre shows, dance parties, sporting events and more.